2012 Luminato

Luminato is an amazing festival of the arts. From June 8 to June 17 the stages, streets and communities of Toronto are illuminated with theatre, music, visual arts, fashion, literature and so much more. I was very happy that I got to participate in this one of a kind festival by joining the 3D Building Designs Program at Regent Park Focus. As many know, the community of Regent Park is going through a lot of revitalization which may last over the next few years or so. This program allowed us to create our own version of what we want in our community, and we were free to create whatever we wanted to. During the program we also got introduced to Google Sketch Up, the 3D software that we used during this program. At first I thought that it was very difficult to use Sketch Up but in the end I got the hang of it. Overall this program was a lot of fun. I got to meet new people, do new things, and have a great time. I definitely recommend this program to others and I wish to participate in it again next year. In the end I created an amphitheater, hopefully one day I will be able to see my creation somewhere in Regent Park.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping with the Divas Girls Group

Catch da Flava - Discussing Mental Helath and Peacebuilders

Catch da Flava - Pro-Life and Pro-Choice