Game Design Program - Animating in Scratch

Hello, my name is Jacob and I’ve been facilitating the game design program lead by Fernando. The second session Fernando taught students Deondre, Ron, and Jose the visual language program known as Scratch to prepare them for creation of simple animations for their game. I and one of the students Lam taught me the process of creating my own character in a virtual reality game called Dungeons and Dragons. Together we worked on a spread sheet where we had to think of a character name, character class, supplies the character would carry, statistics, and personality traits. The process was long and confusing however; it was fun to learn and to hear how my character would act in the real virtual game once the character creation was completed. It’s good to see these students gaining new skills and knowledge of design so they could incorporate it into their mindsets to benefit themselves.


By: Jacob Hong

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping with the Divas Girls Group

Catch da Flava - Pro-Life and Pro-Choice

Catch da Flava - Discussing Mental Helath and Peacebuilders